Two lovely ladies have recently shared some blog love with me, so I want to say thank you to them!
Amanda from The Year of Me shared The Versatile Blogger Award and the Sunshine Blogger Award.
The Rules for the Award:
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the Award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other Blogger for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other bloggers know that you nominated them.
Here's where I share 7 random facts about myself.
1. I have an unhealthy obsession with handbags.
2. I am left-handed and I kinda love that both of my babes are lefties too.
3. I have a long term goal to grow my hair past the middle of my back. (Yes, truly important goal here.)
4. I have dated/been engaged to/been married to the RedHead for half of my life.
5. I am very social, but one thing I prefer to do alone is shop.
6. Both of my babes were born prematurely (with no known cause), but we're hoping this one will make it to 37 weeks.
7. I am a sucker for fashion magazines, but then I balk at the prices.
Rules of Engagement:
1. Include the award log either in your acceptance post or somewhere on your blog.
2. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 10-12 other deserving bloggers.
4. Add a link on your post to all of the talented winners and comment on their page to let them know they've been deemed amazing.
5. Thank the brilliant soul that recognized your talent and bestowed this wonderful award on you...and of course link back to them as well.
And for the Sunshine Award I answer 10 specific questions about myself.
1. What would you most like to change about yourself?
That my instinct would be to save instead of spend. (I'm sure my husband would like this too and I know it will be a necessity once I'm home with the baby.)
2. What is your theme song?
I can't think of a specific song that describes me, but I love the song "Wild World" by Cat Stevens.
3. One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain?
I don't think I'd remove anything. Every experience I've had has made me who I am...to remove that could change me.
4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
I'm proud that I'm an 80s child, but I think it would be interesting to experience the 60s.
5. What was your favorite childhood toy?
My baby dolls. I loved being a mommy.
6. What is your least favorite housecleaning chore?
Cleaning the shower. I just don't do it. I leave it until it grosses my husband out and he cleans it. (Love you honey!)
7. Do you Twitter?
Yep. Just broke 1,000 tweets. @MistyPriddy
8. Any goals?
Carry this child full term!
9. Do you really drink margaritas all the time?
Absolutely! Jumbo, top shelf, no salt, on the rocks. Please and thank you!
10. What is the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in?
No idea. I was just happy to have a car.
Thank you again Amanda for the two sweet awards!
The next award was given by the Ranch Mama at City Girl Gone Ranch Mama.
Here's the rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Name 5 of your most fabulous moments either in real life or in the blogosphere.
3. Name 5 things you love
4. Name 5 things you hate
5. Pass the ribbon on to 5 other bloggers
Five Fabulous Moments:
1.The day I received the Teaching Fellows scholarship which paid for my college education. Priceless!
2.My wedding day. I married the love of my life and I wouldn't change a thing about that day!
3.My first day as a teacher. I was in a cramped little trailer in a grade I wasn't prepared to teach, but I was elated. (Also, to that class, I'm sorry. Bless their hearts if they learned anything from me.)
4.The day my son, Colson, was born. Scary as hell because he was so early, but precious just the same.
5.The day my daughter, Lilly-Belle, was born. Not as scary, but we should have been scared. This girl is a fiery redhead!
Five Things I Love:
5. Dreams (and what they mean)
Five Things I Hate:
1. Indecisive people
3. People who are not genuine
4. Thunder (I'm just getting over having a slight panic attack every time a storm comes around.)
5. Cooked Carrots
Thank you Ranch Mama for sharing this award!
Since I'm combining three awards into one post, I'm going to nominate several bloggy friends I've met and they are welcome to participate in any of the three that they so choose!
1. Andrea @ It's Our Crazy Life
2. Karissa @ A Fresh Start on a Budget
3. Nancy @ House of Hudspeth
4. DJ @ From Clover Cottage
5. Danette @ All My Love For All My Days
Be sure to visit these ladies. They're fabulous!