These are a few of my favorite things (summertime edition):
1. Fresh vegetables (I like mine fried of course because we are in the South darlin')--fried okra, squash, green tomatoes
2. A tall glass of sweet tea or homemade lemonade.
3. Lazy days spent in the cool of the house because it's just to hot to even think of moving.
4. Babies in bathing suits (their little chunky thighs are irresistible!)
5. Sundresses. Light, airy, short sundresses.
6. No cook meals (too hot to turn on the stove) cucumber sandwiches, salads, cereal with fresh berries or peaches.
7. Dairy Queen: a butterscotch dipped cone of icecream (where I live our DQ is only open for the summer months) I've been getting these since I was a little girl and lived so close that I could walk there every day.
8. Cookouts with good friends...tasty food, kids playing, laughing.
Summertime is my favorite time.