Sometimes my relationship with Facebook seems like an ill-fated affair. There are so many things I love about it...the ability to keep up with far away friends through pictures, updates and chatting. However, just as in any relationship, we have our problems too. There are five to be specific, but facebook being the loving partner that it is has one feature that keeps me in the relationship.
This lovely little feature gives me the ability to not delete, but hide anything or anyone that annoys me. Particularly these.
1. The Laundry Baskets. These people think FB is the appropriate place to air their dirty marital laundry. Every update is about what's going wrong in their marriage or relationship, what mistake their significant other has recently made, or what they're doing to mend their relationship. Attention Laundry Baskets: FB is not your therapist and if you don't want people all in your business then don't put it out there. HIDE.
2. On the other hand we have what I call the LoviePoos. These people love their dog, their husband, their child, their best friends and it's all they post. We get it. You love them, but how about spending less time tell the Facebook world and more time telling them. HIDE.
3. The Sports Announcers. You know these people. Their status reads, "Good Morning Facebook!! Got to make a quick trip to Home Depot, then mow the yard, then out for lunch with Mike, then we're watching the game. I'm busy today!" Thank you for the play by play, but it's really not necessary. HIDE.
4. The Attention Seekers. These are the posters of vague status' that imply impending doom or a huge surprise. "Why does this always happen to me? Will I ever learn?" or "Can't wait for Saturday...life will never be the same!" These people tell you nothing because they just want to engage you and lure you in to ask questions about them. This lady's not taking the bait. HIDE.
5. The Gamers. The Farmvillers. The Mafia Warriors. I'm not sending you boards or nails and if you continue to send me invitations to do so, HIDE. *I may be guilty of this when Monkey hacked my account and sent my friends invites to play Bubble Island. I'm immensely sorry.
If you're on my Facebook and you are any of these people, trust me, I've hidden you. Who do you hide on Facebook?